Friday, August 29, 2014
Who doesn't love a little bling? My latest obsession are these crystal encrusted sunglasses. I'm also loving the shape of the Jimmy Choo's, not quite a cat eye but just a hint!
|Roberto Cavalli - Red Carpet - $550|
|Miu Miu - 54mm - $425|
|Jimmy Choo - Marine - $370|
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
I spotted this colorful party idea on Sugar and Charm. How adorable are these pineapples?! At first I was a little worried because this DIY uses origami, which I'll admit I'm not the best at. However, the origami used for these pineapple straws is pretty basic.
Check out Sugar and Charm if you need more help making pineapples!
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
- Cilantro, to top
- Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 strips bacon
For the Chicken:
- ¼ cup tequila
- Juice of 3 limes
- Juice of 1 orange
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
For the Guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Chipotle Mayo:
- ¼ cup chipotle sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Combine all of the chicken ingredients in a large container or freezer bag. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least an hour.
- While the chicken marinates, make the guacamole and chipotle mayo in 2 separate bowls. Make each by combining all of the ingredients and mixing well. Wrap the bowls and set in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place the bacon on a baking sheet lined with foil. Cook until crisp, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- When the chicken is done marinating, preheat the broiler. Place the rack about 5 inches away from the heat source. Spray a broiler pan and place the marinated chicken on top. Feel free to pour some of the leftover marinade over the chicken.
- After the broiler has preheated, place the chicken under the broiler. Cook for about 6 minutes on each side and then check to make sure the chicken is cooked through. Place a piece of Monterey Jack cheese on top of the chicken and place under the broiler for an additional 30 seconds to a minute, or until melted.
- Layer the sandwiches in this order: bun, chipotle mayo, chicken, bacon, guacamole, cilantro, bun. Enjoy.